Last Updated: October 6, 2020
The Institute of Corporate Directors (the “ICD”) and TMX Group Limited (together with its affiliates, “TMX Group”) (“we”, “us”, “our”) welcome you to our website located at www.chartthefuture.ca/ (the “Website”). The ICD and TMX Group have jointly established the Joint Committee of the Institute of Corporate Directors and TMX Group Limited (the “Joint Committee.”).
OWNERSHIP / RESTRICTIONS ON USE
The Website is owned and operated by the ICD and TMX Group Any and all content, data, graphics, photographs, images, audio, video, software, systems, processes, trademarks, service marks, trade names and other information including, without limitation, the “look and feel” of the Website. (collectively, the “Content”) contained in this Website are proprietary to the ICD and/or TMX Group, its affiliates and/or third-party licensors. The Content is protected by Canadian, United States and international copyright and trademark laws.
Except as set forth herein, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, publish, post, transmit, distribute, display, perform, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any Content without the express prior written consent of the Joint Committee. You may download, print and reproduce the Content for your own non-commercial, informational purposes provided you agree to maintain any and all copyright or other proprietary notices contained in such Content, and to cite the URL source of such Content. Reproduction of multiple copies of the Content, in whole or in part, for resale or distribution is strictly prohibited except with the prior written permission of the ICD/TMX Joint Committee. To obtain written consent for such reproduction, please contact us at email@example.com.
The Website may permit the submission of content, such as comments on the initial report, generated by you and other users (“User Content”).
You are solely responsible for your own User Content and the consequences of submitting it. Any User Content or other material, information, feedback, suggestions, or other ideas that you submit to the Website is non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we may adopt, adapt or otherwise use any User Content (in whole or in part) without any compensation or notice to you.
As between you and the ICD the TMX Group, you will retain all of your ownership rights in and to your User Content. By submitting User Content to Website, you hereby grant to the ICD and TMX Group a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) and transferable right and license to use, reproduce, distribute, edit, modify, translate, reformat, prepare derivative works based upon, display publicly, perform publicly and otherwise exploit (including but not limited to over the Internet, broadcast television or any other uses or media) your User Content, in whole or in part, including future rights that the ICD and TMX Group (or its successor) may otherwise become entitled to that do not yet exist, as well as new uses, media, means and forms of exploitation throughout the universe exploiting current or future technology yet to be developed to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. You also waive your moral rights to the User Content, and hereby grant each user of the Website a non-exclusive license to access your User Content through the Website.
USER CODE OF CONDUCT
By submitting User Content and as a condition of your continued access to and use of Website, you agree to abide by all applicable federal, provincial, state, territorial, local and other laws and regulations and the “Code of Conduct” set forth below. Specifically, in addition, without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to:
- submit any User Content that is protected by or otherwise subject to any third party intellectual property or proprietary rights (including any privacy and publicity rights) unless you own or have permission from the rightful owner of such rights to post such User Content and to grant the ICD and TMX Group all of the rights granted herein;
- upload, post, comment, e-mail or otherwise transmit any statements, material or User Content that:
- constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation or commercial electronic message;
- is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, or an unfair product comparison;
- contains any form of destructive software such as a virus, worm, Trojan horse, time bomb, cancelbot, or any other harmful components or any other computer file, program or code, designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
- otherwise encourages criminal conduct or that would give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law or regulation in any jurisdiction.
- harvest or otherwise collect or store any information (including personally identifiable information) about other users of the Website, including e-mail addresses, without the express consent of such users;
- for the purpose of misleading others, create a false identity of the sender or the origin of a message, forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any material transmitted through the Website;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Website, other computer systems or networks connected to the Website, through password mining or any other means;
- interfere with or disrupt networks or servers connected to the Website or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks; and
- use, download or otherwise copy, or provide to any person or entity any Website users directory or other user or usage information or any portion thereof other than in the context of your use of the Website.
It is our goal to provide increased value to visitors to our Website. Therefore, our Website might offer you links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties and therefore not affiliated with us. Please understand that such linked websites are independent from the ICD and TMX Group, and that we have no control over the content of such websites. Consequently, neither the ICD nor the TMX Group can be held liable and makes no warranty or representation whatsoever as to the accuracy, timeliness and/or completeness of the information contained on such websites.
The links which we might place on our Website do not imply that we sponsor, endorse or are affiliated or associated with, or have been legally authorized to use any trade-mark, trade name, service mark, design, logo, symbol or other copyrighted materials displayed on or accessible through such sites.
DISCLAIMER / LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Although we strive to update and keep accurate as much as possible the Content contained on the Website, errors and/or omissions may occur and we cannot guarantee it is accurate and complete at all times.
ACCORDINGLY, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN, IS BEING PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THE ICD/TMX JOINT COMMITTEE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NEITHER THE ICD NOR TMX GROUP WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS ON THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE OR FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE ICD, TMX GROUP OR ITS MEMBERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY CONTENT, EVEN IF EITHER THE ICD OR TMX GROUP HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WE DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY OR CURRENCY OF ANY CONTENT, INCLUDING USER CONTENT.
CHANGES AND TERMINATION
All trade-marks appearing on the Website are property of their respective owners. These trade-marks and trade dress may not be used in any manner for any purpose without our express written consent.